Simply Sam Trading - Antiques.Brocante.Gifts

We stock a variety of vintage, antique and hand-crafted items. Available on our web store simplysam.co.za or select antiques and beautiful 'proudly South African' hand-made Gift items on sale or to view at VinLee Art Gallery Hilton College Road, Natal Midlands. Hilton off-ramp, N3, Kwazulu Natal

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Stranded at Charlie in Paris

I thought it quite appropriate that as I'm leaving Paris for England I receive an email thanking me for the message I sent to the Queen congratulating her on her Diamond Jubilee which, I'm told, "We will ensure it is added to our manuscript and presented to Her Majesty to celebrate this very special occasion".

Life throws its curve balls and today it was my turn when I missed my flight to the UK by minutes. Rules are rules it seems, and there was no budging. It gets worse ... I was then told to issue another ticket (for 8 hours later) will cost the same price as the ticket from South Africa. My husband looked decidedly frantic, as his plane was about to leave. Eh bien, telle est la vie.

My only consolation is that I am in the business lounge with a full buffet at my disposal, because at this stage the only thing I have eaten is a Laduree Macaroon - the rest of which are, by now, all squashed.

Well what a funny end to a perfectly wonderful trip to Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment