Simply Sam Trading - Antiques.Brocante.Gifts

We stock a variety of vintage, antique and hand-crafted items. Available on our web store simplysam.co.za or select antiques and beautiful 'proudly South African' hand-made Gift items on sale or to view at VinLee Art Gallery Hilton College Road, Natal Midlands. Hilton off-ramp, N3, Kwazulu Natal

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ateliers & French Linen

Inspiration was how i'd describe today. My day has burst at the seams with creativity and my cup is definitely full. Wow. We spent the day trawling the Ateliers and found some seriously creative people. My head is buzzing with ideas. Artists, up cyclers, re-done vintage clothing, ceramicists, recycled industrial anything, etc etc ... I tried on a gorgeous leather coat, which had been silk screened - it was just so unique, but way out of my price range. Can you believe it, for something that is second hand. But it was a piece of originality. As we walked I spotted various trade marks of the infamous street artist (that should read graffiti artist) 'Space Invader' al la 'exit through the gift shop'. A Paris blog suggests doing a tour specifically to spot street art, so we did a bit of a combo of our own and what fun when you come across a little something. After today I cannot wait to put my 'up cycling' ideas into action. I came across a set of twelve vintage Napkins that I couldn't resist. If you're a lover of a blue & white scheme, these are for you. Hand made & linen. We grabbed a seeded baguette whilst we walked the streets, had a glass of wine on Rue Monteguile, bought roasted red peppers, courgette balls, & Dolmades for supper, before going off at 8pm to walk the Champs Élysées. We missed 'Musee d'Orsay today, but there's always tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment