Simply Sam Trading - Antiques.Brocante.Gifts

We stock a variety of vintage, antique and hand-crafted items. Available on our web store simplysam.co.za or select antiques and beautiful 'proudly South African' hand-made Gift items on sale or to view at VinLee Art Gallery Hilton College Road, Natal Midlands. Hilton off-ramp, N3, Kwazulu Natal

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sam's having a gas!

The one thing you need to know about me, is that I love cooking and eating, the kind of person who takes cookery books and magazines to bed to read the recipes! So today i'm smiling after the purchase of a new, more sophisticated, gas cooker. Not that there was anything wrong with the old one. No, even when I ran out of gas the other evening, the electric rings in the centre of my old cooker saved the day. But I just couldn't resist the glimmer and attraction of this new one (especially with its convection oven) which I can already picture in our 'new kitchen', the new kitchen which is still only half built!

The other thing you should know about me, is that the property we own, used to house a little (little being the operative word) French restaurant called 'Cafe le Fort' and ever since I have dreamt of inviting friends for supper there, so I can pretend I have my very own restaurant without the strings attached. After reading Susan Herrmann Loomis' books 'On Rue Tatin' (highly recommended for those escapism foodies) I can see myself re-creating something similar to her little cookery school in Normandy, France. One can only dream.

Who of you have watched 'Come Dine with Me' on TV? Well that is my idea of a fun night out. I challenge anyone living in my area to join me in putting together our very own version of this exciting show and girls, watch out for that dinner invitation at Cafe le Fort!

Check out Susan Loomis' website on http://www.onruetatin.com/ She does have a blog too, but her website is so much nicer....

No comments:

Post a Comment