Simply Sam Trading - Antiques.Brocante.Gifts

We stock a variety of vintage, antique and hand-crafted items. Available on our web store simplysam.co.za or select antiques and beautiful 'proudly South African' hand-made Gift items on sale or to view at VinLee Art Gallery Hilton College Road, Natal Midlands. Hilton off-ramp, N3, Kwazulu Natal

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pony, hearts and stunning scenery

Driving to work this morning I am reminded how absolutely blessed we are living in this stunning area. The scenery is crystal clear, like viewing a 360 degree oil painting.What a pity I couldn't cycle into work today.
The shop has been really busy with early morning shoppers and browsers and when I went up to the car park earlier, to load items to be delivered to Gauteng, I see there is an extremely anxious white pony in the garden of a residential home opposite our centre. Have our neighbours acquired a pony whilst I've been away or has this little master jumped the fence of the neighbouring farm? Whatever the answer, he is neighing at the top of his lungs and charging around the garden like a raging unicorn.
Some of my new gift stock has just arrived. I love the excitement of un-packing the boxes. Hand made pottery from the Cape with little pink dotted hearts, reminds me of brail when I run my finger over. Large round platters suitable for cheeses & things, when entertaining, matching dinner & side plates, mugs and then the cutest little bowls which can be used for anything from serving olives, to a breakfast bowl for eating your yoghurt and museli in the morning, perfect as gifts, and it matches my kitchen perfectly! Guess what I'm getting for Christmas!
Talking of ceramics, to end our afternoon I quickly nipped out of the shop to take my son to pottery lessons with Louise who runs a course in Nottingham road (for children and adults alike) at her shop Aladdins Delight. Courses in Stained glass, Raku and other Ceramics are presented and team building workshops are facilitated. (Phone 0332666460 if you are coming especially to meet the artists.) I haven't thrown a pot for years and this was great fun. Even more fun watching my son achieve something in such a short space of time and feel so proud of himself. His smile just said everything.

Check them out at www.simplysam.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment