Simply Sam Trading - Antiques.Brocante.Gifts

We stock a variety of vintage, antique and hand-crafted items. Available on our web store simplysam.co.za or select antiques and beautiful 'proudly South African' hand-made Gift items on sale or to view at VinLee Art Gallery Hilton College Road, Natal Midlands. Hilton off-ramp, N3, Kwazulu Natal

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cycling, Decorating & my neighbours

I had a lovely cycle into work this morning, though the hills are still a challenge. However, I push myself and grit my teeth when muscles start to burn and I focus on the down hill I know is just ahead. Then, like a female version of 'Superman', in my illuminous lime green jacket, I stand up on my bike and 'fly' down the hill like a raving lunatic, the breeze cooling my burning cheeks. My apologies to all those on the Fort Nottm road this morning who may have gotten a fright!

Cafe Bloom is arguably the most popular stop for refreshments on the Midlands Meander, especially with the parents from the local schools, and I am lucky to share the centre with such a wonderful establishment and people. This morning I popped in to find Wendy's grandson, Jo, eating home-made veggie soup and a freshly baked roll for breakfast. Now that's what I call healthy eating.

A lovely set of ball & claw 'shabby chic' beds have just been set up in the shop, made into a king size bed, though are perfect as twin beds for a child's room. I'm still debating whether to cover the headboards with lively retro fabric, to bring them to life, or to leave them in their pared down French shabby chic style. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam what a gorgeous post!!so exciting!! its no secret that Country Courtyard in Notties is one of my favourite places to visit-get so inspired by your shop and all the lovely stock(love the beds and the green table)Lastly the trip would not be complete without a cuppa coffee nestled in one of Cafe Blooms comfy couches-pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete